Stuff from my head

2.22.2007

Don't I remind you of Jessica Alba?

Top 6 most thrilling thrilliest thrill rides:

I haven't been to that many amusement parks, but here are the best thrill rides that I've had the pleasure of experiencing so far...

1. The Big Shot on top of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas. It's 1000 feet in the air, and that's the bottom of the ride. It then shoots you straight up at 60 mph! I almost peed my pants...but at the top is the most amazing view of Vegas that $10 can buy!
2. Mr. Freeze at Six Flags Saint Louis. It takes you from zero to a billion mph in like 5 seconds. It felt like my stomach was going to rip through my back and fly into the seat behing me. Quite an amazing feeling...
3. Dueling Dragons at Universal Studios' Islands of Adventure in Orlando. It's actually two roller coasters that race against each other. The two tracks intertwine throughout the whole ride, so you constantly feel like you're going to crash into the other coaster, and you spend most of your time screaming and wincing as the other coaster comes flying toward you. Soooo fun!!!
4. The Tower of Terror at Disney's MGM Studios in Orlando. You sit strapped into an elevator car, and slowly ascend to the 13th floor where the elevator stops and hangs for an agonizing few seconds while you sweat in anticipation. Then you suddenly drop into a terrifying 13-story free fall. And the whole time, the theme from The Twilight Zone is resounding through the speakers in the elevator. Awesome!
5. Spiderman the Ride at Islands of Adventure in Orlando. It's a simulated coaster, where you just sit in this motion car and stare at a moving screen while wearing 3-D glasses. It doesn't sound like much, but it was one of the funnest rides I've been on! You really feel like you're Spiderman, flying from building to building on a spider web, and fighting the Green Goblin. It was amazing!
6. Thunderation at Silver Dollar City in Branson. It's not super fast or extra tall, but it's the only roller coaster I've been on where you ride facing backwards, and that's what makes it a thrill. You have no idea where the track is going, and the dips and turns have a whole different feeling when you're speeding down them backwards. Plus, the back-hitting wind does amazing things to your hair, and you just can't get that from a front-facing coaster.

______________

If you're wondering about the title of this post, here's a quick story. I saw a patient the other day who, as soon as I came into the room, looked at me and said "Has anyone ever told you that you look like Jessica Alba?". I started cracking up. What was he thinking? I mean, I wish I did look like Jessica Alba, cuz she's beautiful. But she's Latina for crying out loud, and I'm the whitest white girl you'll ever meet! The patient then proceeded to tell my co-worker that she looked just like Julianne Moore. Other than the fact that they both have red hair, she looks nothing like Julianne Moore. I think he was just flirting with us, but it was hilarious.

For the rest of the day, my co-worker and I would go up to the other practitioners and tell them that they looked celebrities who actually bore no resemblance to them whatsoever. I started calling one practitioner (who is asian) Sean Connery.

For your viewing pleasure:

Twins separated at birth? You be the judge...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home